DOMESTIC FIREPLACE MORTAR
Available in a one-gallon or 50-lb. pail, this fireplace mortar offers all the features and uses of Heat Stop pre-mixed. Beige color only. Water soluble.
Domestic Fireplace Mortar is a premixed and ready to use regular mortar. It was developed for installation of firebrick in masonry fireplace installations. It also has many other uses such as in chimneys, boilers, incinerators, furnaces, kilns, etc.
- This refractory mortar is beige in color and is shipped in 15 lb. and 50 lb. plastic pails.
- For estimating purposes 50 lbs. will lay up approximately 100 firebrick (2 ½ inch thick) if joint thickness is 1/16 inch to 1/8 inch as recommended.
- Mix thoroughly. No other additives required.
- Meets and exceeds ASTM C-199 medium duty.
- Meets all local and national building codes.
- Good for applications well over 2000°F.
- DOMESTIC FIREPLACE MORTAR is an air setting product however may be water soluble in service. Do not use on exterior applications or where moisture may be present, use HEAT STOP-II or HEAT STOP – 50 non soluble products for moisture present applications.
TIP when using Domestic Fireplace Mortar. For best results:
- Mix all of the contents in the container thoroughly before using.
- If, after mixing, the product still appears dry, add a little clean water and remix thoroughly.
- For firebrick installation, keep the joints 1/16″ to 1/8″ thick.
This product may take longer to dry if the joints are thicker than 1/8″, and/or if conditions are extremely humid (such as after a recent rain). To enhance drying in such conditions, open the damper, place a fan in front of the firebox, build a fire in it, or use others means to get some air or heat passing by the installation.