INSUL CAST is an insulating refractory castable used generally as a backup to denser refractories such as firebrick, or other solid masonry. To learn how to use Insul cast as an insulator over a dome in in oven, or as an insulator under a hearth, watch are videos below.
INSUL CAST is an insulating refractory castable used generally as a backup to denser refractories such as firebrick, or other solid masonry.
- Castable weighs approximately 35 lbs. per cubic ft. and is shipped in a 50 lb. bag.
- A 50 lb. bag covers approximately 6 sq. ft., two inches thick.
- Add approximately six gallons of clean water per bag and mix thoroughly. No other additives required.
- May be cast or troweled into place.
- Ideal for insulating solid masonry in bread and pizza ovens.
- Meets ASTM C-401 Class O.
- Possesses cold crushing strength of approximately 200 lbs. per square inch.
- Apply at a minimum 2 – 3 inches thick.
- behind a firebox firebrick wall
- as a sub hearth under firebrick for a bread oven
- over the top of bread oven dome
- This product is non water soluble in service. (under firebrick)